Okay you guys I’m dead serious right now, these may just be my greatest creation of all time. Like, I’m pretty sure these are actual morsels of heaven that have fallen to this earth to bestow upon us just a little taste of the most gooey, melt-in-you-mouth , pumpkin-ey deliciousness that was ever made.
It was Canadian Thanksgiving this week, so I was feeling extra festive and wanted to make a Fall dessert, but also feeling extra lazy and unmotivated at the same time (we’ve all been there). As I stared meaninglessly into my fridge, it hit me. I had some leftover pumpkin puree from some overnight oats and am always well-stocked in dates for obvious reasons so DUH, perfect combo!
These tiny lil’ treats come together in honestly less than 5 minutes and you don’t even have to feel the slightest twinge of guilt (not that you ever should feel guilt about anything you eat that brings you happiness because the motto is and always will be TREAT YOSELF) because they are made from entirely whole food, real ingredients! They’re also vegan, dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free, ayyoooooo.
So basically you need to run, not walk, to make these right now and then share them with everyone you know so they can experience this taste bud euphoria too. Happy Fall, my peeps!
White Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Pie Stuffed Dates
- 1/2 c organic pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (I used Lily’s)
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- Chopped Pecans
- A sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a small bowl, add all the filling ingredients together until combined.
- Use a knife to make a slit lengthwise in each date.
- Using a small spoon, spoon about 1/2 to 1 Tbsp of filling into each date.
- Add the white chocolate chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring at each interval, until your chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle on the white chocolate and finish by topping with chopped pecans and a dash of cinnamon.