Woohoo it’s Fall everybody!!! I’m pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that one of the greatest things about Fall is all the warm spicy Fall flavaasssss. Okay maybe I am a bit biased because cinnamon is one of my favorite things on this planet BUT I don’t think I’m in the minority here.
Anyways, Starbucks has once again outdone themselves in the Fall drink department and created the oh so amazing Apple Crisp Macchiato, so obbbbviously I had to create a healthified copycat version!
Let me tell you.
That is all.
Okay, that’s almost all hehe this delicious drink is dairy free, refined sugar free, and tastes like a magical gooey sweet apple melting in your mouth, all with zero guilt and all whole-food REAL ingredients. Now how ’bout them apples?
Copycat Healthified Apple Crisp Latte (Vegan and Refined Sugar Free)
Apple Spice Syrup:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 shot of espresso (I use Decaf)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I like oat milk with this recipe)
- Make the syrup by adding all the syrup ingredients except vanilla extract to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract, then set aside.
- Heat your milk (or add to ice if making an iced latte), then add you espresso shot and 2-3 Tbsp of your apple syrup depending how sweet/strong you want it to be. Stir to combine and enjoy!
* Note: Store your leftover apple syrup in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.