So I’ve decided I need to start my own spinoff band of Panic! At the Disco called Panic! At the Grocery Store because that’s baaaasically my life summed up in a sentence. All our music videos will just be actual live footage from the Trader Joe’s security cameras of me panic buying food because I can’t remember what I have at home. It’ll be great.
Here’s an example for you: so last week I was at the grocery store in yet another state of panic trying to remember if we had lemons at home. I just could not remember, so naturally I bought a giant bag of lemons only to find I had another giant bag of lemons waiting for me at home. Classsssic Bailey. So if you see a lot of lemon recipes in the near future, you now know why.
ANYWAYS, if you like breakfast food as much as I do (which you absolutely should because breakfast food is by far the best of all the foods), then you’re going to DIE for these zesty and delicious oats. Lemon poppyseed anything is so so tasty in any form if you ask me, and these oats are just so quick, easy, perfect, and delicious (andddd vegan GF!). Enjoy!
Easy Lemon Poppyseed Oatmeal (V, GF)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana, mashed (this is optional, but i like adding it in for a little extra sweetness and creaminess)
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp poppyseeds
- 1/2-1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients except for vanilla extract to a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring often so nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Once the oatmeal has reached the desired consistency (usually about 5ish minutes), remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then enjoy!