Today my morning consisted of a sprint workout, weights, yoga, laundry, and cleaning my entire apartment top to bottom SO yes I made the most massive breakfast of all time and YES I’m gonna eat every last bite cuz ya girl deserves it.
Breakfast is what motivates me to get through my morning every day (since I don’t eat until noon usually, check out my post on intermittent fasting for more deets on that) so this morning to treat myself I made scrambled eggs with avocado, sliced strawberries, and peanut butter banana oat pancakes. Breakfast. Of. Freakin. Champs. And it did not disappoint.
These pancakes, more specifically, were the actual bomb. I might make them again for dinner because yeah, I deserve breakfast for dinner too! Anyways, they’re tasty, filling, good for ya, and dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free so it doesn’t get much better than that!!
Happy Tuesday my peeps!
DF and GF Peanut Butter and Banana Chunk Pancakes
- 1 smashed banana, still kinda chunky
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour (plus more if batter seems runny)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- Extra peanut butter and/or banana for on top (optional)
- Maple syrup for on top (optional)
- Pre-heat a large non-stick pan or non-stick griddle over medium high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, add your banana, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla together until combined.
- In another bowl, combine your oat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the batter in your ideal pancake sized amounts to the pan or griddle and cook until there are lots of bubbles on top (about a minute) then flip and cook for another minute or so on the other side.
- Remove to a plate once the pancakes are fully cooked and add your toppings if you choose to. Enjoy!