Have you ever know anyone growing up who literally put ranch dressing on everything?
Yep. That was me.
I kid you not if it was dippable I was dipping it in ranch. Carrots, pizza, chicken, you name it. I ranched it.
Anyways, flash forward to now. It has been years since I ranched anything 1. due to my wonderful dairy intolerance and 2. because ranch dressing on everything isn’t exactly the best thing for you.
BUT. I recently decided to embark on a Bailey-friendly version of ranch dressing to dip my veggies in because I’ve been eating way too much hummus and frankly I’m just ready to have ranch dressing back in my life. Soooooooo, I introduce to you, the MOST delicious and easy cashew-based ranch dressing EVAAAA!!!!!
Not even being dramatic guys, this is so good. I made a whole batch and we finished the entire thing that night. There wasn’t even time for a picture. Oh well, that just meant I had to make another batch to photograph (and then eat soon afterwards). So, my fellow ranchies out there, please enjoy this delicious healthified dip and have a fantastic day.
Cashew-Based Vegan Ranch Dressing
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup cashew milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp fresh dill
- Soak your cashews in hot water for 30 minutes.
- While your cashews are soaking, add the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to the cashew milk and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews three times, then add to a blender with the milk mixture, water, salt, garlic, and onion powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add the dill and pulse to gently blend it in, but be careful not to overdo the blending or your sauce will turn green!
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!