I knew 100% as SOON as I saw Rachel’s Good Eat’s 5-Ingredient Healthy Salted Caramel Sauce what I would be putting under it. I had some bananas foster french toast with caramel drizzle once and ever since I’ve been hooked on the combo.
BUT. My only issue with this addicting combo? Yeah, good luck trying to find a dairy and refined sugar free caramel sauce – until now. So now I’m afraid all my inner caramel-drizzled obsessions will be coming out, so stay tuned for much, much more. But for now, you’re just gonna have to settle for these spectacular dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free bananas foster caramel waffles.
Okay I’ve gotta go now, just typing this has me craving more of these guys. Enjoy!
Dairy, Gluten, and Refined Sugar Free Bananas Foster Oats with Caramel Drizzle
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ + ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 + ½ Tbsp coconut MCT oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¼ cup Rachel’s Good Eat’s 5-Ingredient Healthy Salted Caramel Sauce
- Walnut pieces
- Pre-heat your waffle iron and rub down with coconut oil if not non-stick already.
- In a bowl, combine your oat flour, baking powder, ½ tsp cinnamon, and pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together your eggs, cashew milk, 1 Tbsp MCT oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add your mix to the waffle iron and let cook for about 1-3 minutes depending on your waffle iron size and shape. I used a small square waffle iron and the recipe made four waffles and took about 2 minutes to cook.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pan over medium-low heat and add the remaining MCT oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the sliced bananas and cinnamon and fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve the waffles topped with the fried bananas, walnuts, and Rachel’s Good Eat’s caramel drizzle. Enjoy!