What is this, Bailey? Yet another breakfast recipe?!
YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT PEOPLE!
Or I guess it could be an anytime snack or dessert too, but I usually eat it for breakfast.
I will forever and ever post all the breakfast recipes because there’s just an endless amount of delicious options and I want you all to be able to share in that deliciousness! So here I bring to you the refined-sugar free goodness that is chia seed pudding topped with scrumptious homemade (and easssssyyyyy as can be to make) strawberry chia jam plus a lil extra toppings, obviously.
I love chia seed pudding and I love jam even more, but PSA: most store-bought chia seed pudding and jam is LOADED with added sugars and additives which can be detrimental to your gut. Not to mention, refined sugar actually tricks your brain into thinking you’re still hungry long past the point of fullness. No bueno. It also kills the good bacteria in your gut which you need for proper digestion and to keep you feeling your best!
So moral of the story here is: when it’s at all possible, you should make your own versions of your favorite store-bought goodies so you know EXACTLY what’s going in what you’re putting in your bodies. Remember, you only have one body and you gotta feed it properly so it lasts as long as possible! Oh, and also you should make this Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding because it’s da bombbbbbb.
Have a wonderful Tuesday my peeps!
Refined-Sugar Free Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Bites By Bai’s 3-Ingredient Refined-Sugar Free Strawberry Chia Jam (or your favorite strawberry jam)
- fresh chopped strawberries
- 1 Tbsp of your favorite granola
- unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
Chia Seed Pudding
- In a mason jar or Tupperware container, combine all ingredients for the chia seed pudding and mix thoroughly. I usually put the lid on and shake to mix!
- Place the chia seed pudding mixture in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight to thicken up.
- Once your chia seed pudding is thick, pour half into a bowl or jar and then layer on half of the strawberry jam. Sprinkle on your toppings and enjoy!