Seriously guys, hurry up! If you’re a Mexican food lover like me (I’m literally addicted to it since I grew up so close to the Mexican border) you HAVE to make this recipe RIGHT NOW it’s so freakin’ good. And healthy. And easy. And nice to look at. And even nicer to feel in your belly.
Anyways, I find it so easy to healthify my favorite Mexican food recipes because most of them are plant-based to start out with but then what makes them unhealthy are added oils, sugars, and super processed tortillas. SO all I then have to do is cut out that gut-wrecking garbage and bam! I’ve got myself a delicious guilt-free Mexican meal. And most importantly, happy taste buds.
Okay so I love this bowl because it’s packed with veggies (aka tons of vitamins, fiber, and and flavor BUT it also has a sneaky high amount of plant-based protein too! Plus protein from the egg. I’ve been loving using edamame in recipes lately because I recently discovered how high edamame is in not only a source of complete protein, but also high in fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, vitamin C, and tons of other great nutrients. Wooowwwwza all that from one cute ‘n’ tasty lil’ bean.
So next time you’re in the mood for some Mexican food you just need a few simple ingredients, 10 minutes, and a giant bowl to put everything in cuz let’s be honest here, you’re gonna want as much as you can possibly cram in that bowl. Enjoy my peeps!
Grain-Free Fiesta Taco Salad Bowl
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- ½ Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped organic spinach
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- pea shoots
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- Heat your coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the red peppers and cook while stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until they’re tender.
- Once the peppers are done, crack your eggs into your pan. Add a small amount of water to the eggs and immediately cover with a lid. Cook until the egg whites appear white and no longer clear then remove from the heat.
- Add ¼ of each of the following to each bowl: spinach, beans, edamame, corn, peppers, cherry tomatoes, and avocado and then top with an egg, pea shoots, and your favorite salsa. Enjoy!