Okay, so I wasn’t really sure what to call this bowl. Baja seemed appropriate due to the fact that there’s salsa on this guy, but really the rest of it was just random stuff I had in my fridge that I threw together and it ended up tasting really good. What even is baja supposed to mean anyways? Oh well. So yeah, from now on I suppose this combo will forever be known as my baja bowl!
I’m obsessed with salad bowls because for one, they’re a PHENOMENAL way to get in tons of veggies without really having the pain of forcing veggies down. Anddddd, they’re easy peasy veggie beezy. (Yes, I just made that up and I know it makes zero sense but I like saying it out loud so I’m keeping it hehe.) Anyways, they’re literally the easiest thing ever. Usually I have tons of roasted veggies and leftover meat lying around from either meal prep or leftovers so I just throw everything in a bowl and voila! Instant healthy lunch/dinner/snack/meal-to-go/whatever other instance in which you could need a delicious and nutritious bowl of food. It’s perfecto! (still in Mexico so I can’t help but to show off my grande Mexican vocabulary)
BUT. Back to this bowl. Remember guys, it’s so important to eat the rainbow, especially when it comes to fruits and veggies because you get such a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients from each color of food which means your body will be happy as a little clam! Which is muy importante. Keep the body happy and you will in turn be happy which is what it’s all about, amiright? And how could you say no to all this healthiness and tastiness when it takes all of two seconds to prepare? You gotta try it.
So here’s what you do now: roast your veggies, cook up some ground turkey, chop up some kale, fry an egg, and cut an avocado. Top with salsa. Shovel into your mouth. Repeat until bowl is empty. You’re welcome. And if you’re looking for some more exact directions, feel free to see the actual recipe below. Oh, and ENJOY, of course!!!!
Ground Turkey and Roasted Veggie Baja Salad Bowl
- 1-pound lean free-range ground turkey
- ½ tsp: ground turmeric, cumin, chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 large free-range organic eggs
- ½ tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado, halved
- Your favorite salsa (I use one from my local farmer’s market that uses fresh local ingredients)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange your cauliflower florets and sweet potato chunks on it so they’re evenly spaced out.
- Once the oven is ready, put the sweet potato and cauliflower in for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on medium heat until hot. Add your ground turkey and spices and stir occasionally until the turkey is fully cooked.
- Heat another pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Once the coconut oil has melted and the pan is hot, crack the eggs in and fry them until the whites are fully cooked.
- Place 1 cup kale in each bowl and add ground turkey, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, half an avocado, and an egg. Top with salsa and enjoy!